Greetings from Ms. Granger
Hello Students and Families!
This is Counselor’s Corner, where you’ll find information and inspiration on your road to success. My name is Ms. Granger, and I'm proud to be part of the Moore Miner team as School Counselor. You’ll see me in our classrooms, teaching lessons in Social/Emotional Learning. I'm also on the playground talking to students, and even in the parking lot helping you safely cross to the school. I can’t wait to talk to you! Let’s find out more about how a School Counselor can help you. (Be sure to check out the links below!)
School Counselors are licensed educators who specialize in the academic, social/emotional and career development needs of students. We offer the following:
Classroom lessons and presentations
Individual and Small Group counseling
Consultations with parents and teachers (academic, social/emotional)
Liaison between families and community resources (food pantries, counseling, etc.)
Assistance with 504 Plans, Title 1 Hope, Foster Care Academic Plans, Attendance etc.
Please contact me to discuss how I can help. You can reach me by phone at 702-799-3270 x4018, or students may request an initial meeting with me through email. Parents, families, teachers, counselors and students are all part of the same team – Moore Miners dedicated to finding success for every child! You matter to us!
Moore Miners Make it Happen!
· Go to bed at the same time every night. Kids need 9 – 10 hours of sleep each night.
· Wake up at the same time every day. Routines help children stay on track!
· Eat a good breakfast to fuel your day!
· Follow your schedule. Missed minutes of education add up to gaps in learning.
· Parents, help your child look forward to “school at home”. Have a dedicated work space for each child. Use headphones to encourage focus, and allow mini-breaks to stretch, snack or do jumping jacks!
· Monitor your child’s health. Note that frequent headaches or upset stomachs might be signs of anxiety so ask for medical advice, or call the nurse or counselor. Follow safe practices to stay healthy!
We’re all Team Moore, so please reach out if you have any questions. We can do this - together!
702-799-3270 x 4018